“Worker and collective farm girl” – an outstanding monument of monumental art, “the ideal and symbol of the Soviet era”, which is a dynamic sculptural group of two figures with a hammer and sickle raised above their heads. Author-Vera Mukhina; concept and compositional design of architect Boris Iofan. The monument is made of stainless chrome-Nickel steel. The height is about 25 m. it Is located on Mira Avenue, near the Northern entrance of VDNH. Initially, the monument to the worker and the collective farmer was developed for the exhibition in Paris, but the result stunned everyone. After all, not only fundamentally new materials were used for the monument (stainless steel had not been used before), but also new principles of construction. After all, before this also did not have to increase from nature 15 times, it was a Grand experiment.
Remarkable facts of the monument worker and kolkhoz woman:
* The monument was delivered to Paris by a worker and a collective farmer in 28 railway cars, but even this separation was not enough, because some parts did not pass into the tunnels, and still had to be cut.
* Before the opening of the monument in Paris, a diversion was noticed in time, someone sawed the cables of the crane that collected the monument at the exhibition, after that, a round-the-clock guard of volunteers and employees that came to collect the monument was put up.
* Initially, the monument to the worker and the collective farmer was assembled within 1 month, people worked in three shifts, slept only for three hours in a nearby built barn, where a large fire always burned in the center.
* In Paris, the monument was assembled in 11 days, although 25 days were planned.
· Is a symbol of the Mosfilm film Studio.
* Dismantling, storage and restoration of the legendary sculpture cost the budget 2.9 billion rubles